« Back to all items
Open Position: Professors in Performing Arts or Opera
Stockholm University of the Arts
has issued an open call for applications for the position of Professor in Performing Arts or Opera for the Profile Area Concept and Composition.
This position is located at the Research Department and the Profile Area Concept and Composition
. Stockholm University of the Arts is looking for someone with the desire to conduct research and provide teaching and supervision. As a professor, you are a leader in your artistic area, the quality of activities is at the highest international level and you have a deep and broad-based knowledge of your artistic area.
Your job description includes:
- Developing the profile area Concept and Composition as an active, interdisciplinary platform within the artistic research environment at Uniarts.
- Developing and contributing to national and international collaboration and networks that strengthen the artistic research environment at Uniarts.
- Teaching and supervising at second and third cycle level within your artistic area
- Work on reinforcing the connection between research and education at Uniarts.
- Initiating, developing and running artistic research projects internally and externally, at national and international level
- Actively participating and representing Uniarts in national and international artistic research communities
You will have an important role in the work of building a common culture of openness and collaboration within Uniarts, as well as in the creation of a good work environment. The position includes time for artistic research as agreed.
In choosing a candidate, the following criteria will be assessed, in this order of priority:
- Artistic skills – excellence within your artistic field, demonstrated by active artistic practice. The quality of your activities is to be at the highest international level.
- Teaching skills – proven teaching skills in an artistic context within or outside a university context.
- Experience in initiating, developing and leading artistic research projects.
- Experience of interdisciplinary research.
- Experience of developing international collaboration and outcomes in your artistic area.
- Wide experience in a variety of teaching and examination forms; the ability to develop, lead and implement education at second and third cycle level.
- Experience of teaching in English.
The scope of employment is a full-time position and it is a fixed period of five years, after which the period of the employment must be renewed. However the total period of the employment may not exceed more than ten years. Employment to commence at the earliest date September 2020.
The registration deadline is 15 November 2019
To learn more and to apply, please visit the website