« Back to all items
Open Position: Lecturer, Lighting at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
is seeking an experienced theatre and/or events and concert touring practitioner, specialising in production lighting.
Their teaching team provides specialist vocational training in a respectful collaborative environment that models the best aspects of professional theatre making. Each of the courses are specialist from day one, and the way the courses work together ensures that graduates understand how their specialist practice fits into the wider context of making a performance.
The hiree will have the opportunity to work across the wider Theatre Practice program, supporting students in a variety of projects, including public productions and will work closely with course leader(s) specifically in the Theatre Lighting Design and Production Lighting courses, and other members of the lighting team – including visiting professionals and specialist practitioners.
Candidates are encouraged to apply if they have experience in a staff or freelance lighting role, in at least two of the following areas:
- Show responsibilities in a West End theatre or similar (Chief or Dep Lx)
- Responsibility for lighting in a medium to large scale repertory theatre (opera, dance or drama)
- Lead responsibility for lighting in medium to large scale touring (theatre or concert)
- Lighting or video programming at medium to large scale
- Lead Lx or Programmer for live or “as live” broadcast television (for example music TV or NT Live).
Applications deadline: 13 September 2019
For more details and to apply, please visit the website