« Back to all items
Open Position: Director at Saint-Etienne Higher School of Art and Design (ESADSE)
Saint-Etienne Higher School of Art and Design
has an opening for a Director position. The starting date is 1 July 2020
and command of the French language is a requirement.
The School and the Cité du Design have been united since 2010 in an EPCC (public institution for cultural cooperation). This association is a real asset for the School, which benefits from the Cité du Design's activities and networks: talks, research programmes, etc. As the Cité du Design has direct links with the professional world, this provides the ESADSE with many opportunities to meet and get involved in projects with professionals, in particular through workshops organised with companies. The School is also fortunate in being able to take advantage of exhibition organising skills, a true field of experimentation for the students. In 2011, 2012 and 2014, as part of their course, the second year students on the ESADSE's art course were able to work alongside professionals on exhibitions in partnership with the FRAC Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, the FRAC Auvergne and the Institut d'Art Contemporain - Villeurbanne Rhône-Alpes.
- Develops and implements the educational, scientific and cultural project for which he was appointed and reports on the execution of this project to the board of directors and the general manager of the EPCC.
- Develops the School's budget, proposes it to the Director General of the EPCC and ensures its follow-up.
- Ensures the execution of the establishment's teaching and research programs.
- Leads the delegated direction of all the services and staff of the Higher School of Art and Design.
- Pilots the School's influence strategy as well as the patronage policy
- Implements the school's outreach and institutional partnership actions.
- Recognised figure in the world of art and design
- Ability to propose a relevant project and ensure its implementation,
- Significant management experience within a higher education and research establishment or a cultural establishment,
- Knowledge of art and design field as well as the field, networks and practices of higher education and research,
- Ability to identify and mobilise strategic partners locally, nationally and internationally,
- Ability to promote the School from local to international,
- Fluent in English essential.
- Some command of the French language is necessary
The application deadline is 28 February 2020
, at noon.
For more information and to apply, please visit the website.