« Back to all items
Open Call: Projects for "IF – Sustainable settlement / Design / Social future" at the Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technologies (pjait)
In the autumn of 2020 the Warsaw based Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technologies (pjait)
in cooperation with the European National Institutes for Culture (eunic- Warsaw) will organize an international project based on the UN Sustainable Development Goal 11 (sdg 11)
. The academy has issued an open call for contributions to the exhibition entitled: IF – Sustainable settlement / Design / Social future, of which the topic is social design. The call for projects is open for design students from all over the world.
The aim of the exhibition is to collect and present the best social design projects, created recently by your students. The events will take place in Warsaw from October 19nd to 23rd, 2020. The lectures given at the pjait will be recorded and available on our website. The academy recommends other schools involved in the project to do the same and share the project website. Tutors, are invited to register by January 31th, 2020
. The academy requests each participating school to carry an internal “competition” and send maximum the best 5 (five) works devoted to social design. Posters and/or animations must be sent to if.pja.edu.pl/submission
by May 30th, 2020
. The works will be presented in a form of:
- “IF” exhibition from October till November 2020
- On-line presentation on the project’s website
- “IF” catalog including: description of the project, commissioned essays on the Social Design Future, reproductions of selected works and information about the participants.
- Printed poster vertical size A0 (size 841 × 1189 mm)
- Animated poster (15 s – 1 min) or
- Interactive poster
Please keep portrait/vertical format
- Printed poster file should be a PDF-file, (printed pdf. file, document size A0, to be printed in Warsaw, an animated or interactive poster – HD, AR, VR)
- Size A0 (+ bleeds + crop marks), CMYK, 200dpi, + pdf file for catalog (info below)
- Animated poster HD file should have format MP4 / mov. codecs: Full HD 1920/1080: .mp4 (H.264 50 mb/s) or .mov (H.264 quality 100) + pdf (still frame) file for catalog (info below)
- Interactive poster file should be ready coded format + pdf (still frame) file for catalog (info below)
All selected students works will be presented in the catalog. Every design also must be saved in size A5 (148 × 210 mm), CMYK, PDF-file (fonts changed to outlines), or in case of still frames from mov. and applications CMYK tif, 300 dpi. The title of your file must include: name_surename_school abreviation.pdf or name_ surname_school abreviation.tif
How To Enter
- Individual and team works are accepted. A single student/team may submit only one work.
- The files will be send to following address: if.pja.edu.pl/submission with students’ information: name and email of each participant.
- The participation in the exhibition is free.
- Send your photo (300 dpi, b/w), name_surname,
- Name of the school_dept._subject you lead
- Your/school contact data you agree to publish
- Short CV (max 1000 characters with spaces)
- Syllabus of the assignment
- The academy invites you to write a short article explaining your educational idea of this assignment (max 5000 characters with spaces). The article is optional.
The academy asks students to send:
Evaluation & selection
- Your photo (300 dpi, b/w),
- E-mail + social media contact
- Short description of the project idea (max 1000 characters with spaces)
Every school/university will be evaluating their own students proposals and will send only five (5) works for the exhibition.
Register date and address
All entries must be submitted by January 31st, 2020. Register here
Submission date and address
The submitted files will be sent in digital form by May 30th, 2020. Submit here
Exhibition opening October 2020 in Warsaw