« Back to all items
Open Call: Making Futures 2019
Plymouth College of Art
in Plymouth, Devon, UK has an open call for abstracts for their conference Making Futures
, which will be held on Thursday 19 and Friday 20 September 2019.
The conference investigates contemporary craft and maker movements as ‘change agents’ in 21st century society, particularly in relation to global sustainability agendas, social entrepreneurialism and community regeneration. As such, the purpose of the conference is to examine and promote the possibilities for maker ecologies built around contemporary craft, design-to-make and related creative micro-entrepreneurs and neo-artisanal movements.
There are seven overlapping parallel sessions to which presenters are invited to submit abstracts (max 400 words):
- Crafting Value, Social Making: A Way of Contributing to the World
- Sourcing Craft Materials in the 21st Century
- Making & Leading: Diverse Futures
- (Re)making meaning – valorisation in a wasteful world
- Digital Platforms: Collaborative Distributed Design & Micro Manufacturing
- Encounters and Translations Across Local-Global Divides
- Making Thinking – Crafting Education
Deadline of Submission: 31 May 2019
More details and to submit, please visit the website