« Back to all items
Open Call: ELIA Biennial host partner ZHdK invite Postgraduate Programme in Curating applicants to online info event
ELIA member and Bienniale host partner Zurich University of the Arts
, Switzerland, have opened applications for its international, English speaking Postgraduate Programme in Curating.
In our current situation, there is an even greater desire to reach out to form international bonds despite the difficult circumstances. Established in 2005, the Postgraduate Programme in Curating has built an international trajectory since 2008, constantly broadening its international network and connecting with contemporary art practitioners worldwide, beyond “Western” canons of art history.
You can attend the online info event
via this link
Since 2018, programme participants have been able to attend all courses online, which has enabled the programme to host students from various cities and regions across the world (Bangalore, Bangkok, Barcelona, Berlin, Hong Kong, London, Milan, New York, St. Petersburg, São Paulo, Tokyo, Zurich, and more).
The postgraduate programme in Curating is conceived of as a discursive platform which imparts key areas of contemporary exhibition-making by way of praxis-oriented project work. With instruction modules, group activities, seminars and lectures held by an international selection of guest lecturers, from various fields. The programme focuses less on the "genius concept" of the exhibition planner as individual author—a highly controversial topic since the 1990s—than on cooperative, interdisciplinary working methods, as employed in film productions or non-government organizations. Exhibition-making/curating means the creation of innovative structures for the presentation of cultural artefacts and contemporary discourse through interdisciplinary collaboration. In this field art, digital media, design, and architecture intermesh in new ways.
ZHdK and Zurich
- Contemporary discourse on art and curating (see www.curating.org/talks)
- Carrying out single and collaborative exhibition projects and cooperation projects
- Distance Learning opportunity (for participants from abroad every session can be attended online)
- MAS with 90 ECTS
- Possibility to advance to the PhD Programme in Practice in Curating
Zurich University of the Arts is amongst the largest art schools in Europe. While firmly anchored in greater Zurich, our influence extends well beyond Switzerland to the wider international stage. Zurich as the cultural centre for art in Switzerland provides a unique and vibrant cultural scene at the heart of Europe.
These are their closing events of the educational year 2020 and beyond:
- 13 June 2020: Online diploma exhibition with a talk by Sergio Edelsztein, interventions by Berit Fischer and others
- 27–28 June 2020: Online conference: Contemporary Art Biennials— Our Hegemonic Machines in States of Emergency at the 9th Bucharest Biennale
- 12 September 2020: Launch of OnCurating, the Zurich Issue: Dark Matter, Grey Zones, Red Light and Bling Bling (constant cooperation with the webjournal On-curating.org)
- October: Excursion Ruru haus, Kassel—hosted by ruangrupa, Documenta fifteen
- November: Curating on the Move—workshop at the Taipei Biennale 2020
The application deadline is 30 June 2020
For more information and to register, please visit the website