« Back to all items
Open Call: Articles for the European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy
has issued an open call for two issues for the European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy
. The first call is for a thematic issue following the topic of 2019 ENCATC Annual Congress:
“Diversity and sustainability at work. Policies and practices from culture and education”.
The second call is for a general issue on new advancements in the cultural and creative domains.
Volume 10 nr 1 (2020): Thematic issue on diversity and sustainability at work:
ENCATC now invites submissions for this Volume 10 nr 1 thematic issue of the European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy, which will be issued in December 2020. Submissions are encouraged to address the critical and inclusive views of:
- Understanding diversity and sustainability as a phenomenon in the cultural and creative sector: Socio-economic perspectives, evolution in the sustainability debate, developments in managerial and policy approaches
- Meanings and interpretation of diversity in the cultural and creative field: What does it mean promoting and protecting diversity in the cultural and creative sector? Which dimensions of diversity are included (e.g. diversity of artists/inclusion of different categories of artists; diversity of business models; diversity of audiences; diversity in creative spaces such as co-working and incubators places; diversity of governance and management models, etc.)?
- Contribution of diversity to the sustainability discourse: How is diversity inserted in the framework of the broader sustainability discourse? Which dimensions of sustainability are expressing the need for diversity? Are there peculiarities concerning the cultural and creative sector?
- Teaching diversity and sustainability: How are academic and training programmes addressing the themes of diversity and sustainability? What are the emerging pedagogical approaches? What are the innovations in teaching diversity and sustainability? What are the problem-solving approaches on creativity, pedagogy, practice and research?
- Diversity for sustainable development in cities and regions: What does it mean promoting and protecting diversity in local sustainable development programmes? How is diversity relating to the implementation of sustainable cultural/creative-driven and cultural/creative-led models? What are interesting case studies and examples?
The deadline for all article submissions for Volume 10, nr 1 is 14 February 2020.
Volume 10 nr 2 (2020): General issue on new advancements in the cultural and creative domains:
The second call is for a general issue on new advancements in the cultural and creative domains. We here invite submissions for the Volume 10 nr 2 general issue of the European Journal of Cultural Management and Policy, which will be issued in December 2020.
The deadline for all article submissions for Volume 10, nr 2 is ongoing
and are being accepted at any time. For this number, the received articles will also go through a double-blind peer review process. After this, authors will be informed whether the article has been accepted or not. The editors reserve the right to make a first prior selection in case a big amount of papers is received.
To learn more and to submit, visit the website