« Back to all items
Lucerne School of Art and Design seeks new Head of Master of Arts and Design
ELIA member, Lucerne School of Art and Design
is seeking a new Head of Master of Arts in Design.
About Hochschule Luzern, Design & Kunst
The Lucerne School of Art and Design offers degree courses which are unique in Switzerland, and, in the realm of art and design research, provides creative focal points in art, design and film. Thanks to national and international networking, high-calibre staff, well-equipped workshops and spacious studios, the School offers an environment with a wealth of opportunities for development. It is one of six Schools making up the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts with its 1500 staff and 10,300-plus degree and continuing education students. Shaping the future in the area spanning civil society, environment and economy: Design as a discipline that drives innovation is at the heart of the Master of Arts in Design, a programme with two new majors, Service Design and Digital Ideation, which is offered jointly with the Lucerne School of Information Technology
As Head of Master of Arts and Design, the succesful candidate will perform the following duties:
The succesful candidate's profile
- Professional, personnel, administrative and financial management of the MA Design in cooperation with the heads of the two majors, Service Design and Digital Ideation.
- Student coaching.
- Own teaching and research activities.
- Promotion of the connection between teaching and research, especially with the Product & Textile, Design & Management and Visual Narrative competence centres.
- Participation in the development of the School and cross-School tasks.
- Maintenance of a network with partners from culture, civil society, business and science, locally and internationally.
- Incremental development of the curriculum.
What HSLU offers
- Relevant or related university degree
- Doctorate preferred
- Several years of successful professional experience internationally
- Subject-specific teaching experience at tertiary level and a qualification in university teaching would be an advantage
- Research experience in the discipline with corresponding publications is desirable
- Active network in the industry and experience of national and international cooperation
- Excellent proficiency in English
- Management and leadership qualifications
An attractive position with the possibility of a professorship and, as part of a collegial and committed team, the unique opportunity to make a real contribution to the education of our students and to our research. This varied position offers a wealth of scope for creativity underpinned by modern facilities and excellently equipped workshops and archives.
Interviews will take place on 25/26.08.2020.
Find out more and apply here