« Back to all items
ELIA Member's Refugee Initiative: Weißensee Academy of Art Berlin
In the summer semester of 2016, Weißensee Academy of Art Berlin will establish a *foundationClass for refugees directed by Professor Ulf Aminde. This class is for refugees who had planned to start studying art or design in their home countries or already started such a degree program.
This semester-long course will equip the participants with the skills necessary to apply to a German art academy. It offers the possibility to reconstruct lost documents and materials on previous qualifications, which have to be included with applications. Participants will have the status of visiting students, and will not have to pay any fees.
The *foundationClass will be financed by the Berlin Senator for Education, Youth, and Science, as part of the Berlin Quality Campaign in Teaching.
The practical information about the course you can find on the *foundationClass website.
In a nutshell:
- Submissions deadline is March 20, 2016.
- First course lasts throughout the summer semester April 18 – July 22.
- This course is for refugees who were unable to start or continue a degree course in art or design in their home country because of war and conflict.
- There will be at least 12, at most 20 participants.
- This course is free of charge.
Visit the foundationClass Facebook page here
Do you have examples of initiatives similar to that of Weißensee Academy of Art Berlin? Please send an email to Lars Ebert (email@example.com).