« Back to all items
A Statement from ELIA President, Andrea B. Braidt
In Response To The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
Dear ELIA Members,
As the impact of the virus continues to grow rapidly and significantly affect all sectors, I wanted to reach out to you to highlight ELIA’s commitment to supporting higher arts education institutions during these unprecedented times.
As a result of the risks caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, ELIA has had to take necessary precautions and has postponed several events scheduled in the coming months. This has been a great disappointment, but the safety of our members, partners and event participants remains paramount.
Now we, like many of you, are dealing with the challenges of working remotely, as terms such as social distancing, self-isolation and quarantine drift into everyday conversation. Despite these changes, ELIA’s number one priority in the coming months is to support our members in addressing the new challenges faced by academics, students and support staff of higher education institutions in the arts across the globe.
We endeavour to continue strengthening our network and have put several new measures in place:
- From an operations perspective, the ELIA team will continue to work remotely and connect with the ELIA community using online platforms.
- Our phone lines remain open, and we will continue responding to enquiries as usual.
- To measure the effects that this situation is having on our sector and to gather your suggestions, we have created a brief survey. We would be grateful if you would consider taking part so that we can enhance our provision of support. We will continue to lobby at EU level on your behalf.
- Behind the scenes, the ELIA team is busy scheduling an interactive webinar series. We aim to provide our members with the latest research, best practice case studies and new ideas to help you develop your professional practice.
- We will continue to update you via our monthly newsletter and regularly post new announcements and developments on our website and social media.
I would especially like to thank the whole ELIA Team for their efforts in these times to keep everything running so smoothly. In the meantime, please keep in touch. If you haven’t already done so, we invite you to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Finally, we want to reassure you that all of us here at ELIA will continue to do our very best to support you as we face these challenges together.
All best wishes and stay healthy,
Andrea B. Braidt