Deadline for Application: 20 December 2019
Duration: 6 months, 24 hours per week
Start Date: ideally mid-January 2020
ELIA is a globally connected European network that provides a dynamic platform for professional exchange and development in higher arts education. With over 250 members in 47 countries, it represents some 300.000 students in all art disciplines. Its cross-disciplinary quality makes ELIA unique as a network. ELIA advocates for higher arts education by empowering and creating new opportunities for its members and facilitating the exchange of good practices. ELIA collaborates with partner networks around the world.
ELIA is looking for a driven Intern to assist in a variety of tactical and logistical tasks associated with organising the upcoming ELIA events.
The Conference Intern should have some experiences in events management and an ability to work independently. Excellent organisational skills and a pro-active attitude are a must.
The Conference Intern will assist the ELIA Conference Manager and the ELIA Team with:
- Supporting the logistics, production and registration efforts for the upcoming ELIA events
- Supporting the communication activities regarding the ELIA events
- Assisting with events’ programme planning, travel and accommodation arrangements
- Preparation of events’ materials
- Coordination of (post)event documentation
What ELIA offers
- Higher education qualification in Events Management or similar;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to effectively communicate and liaise with different groups and cultures;
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Self-motivated, pro-active, well-organised, efficient;
- Experiences and knowledge about event marketing and event communication are a pre.
- A great professional opportunity in the creative sector filled with challenges and responsibility;
- Hands-on experience;
- A worthy upgrade of your resume;
- A small monthly internship compensation;
- Fun colleagues and a workplace in Amsterdam in a creative and inspiring workspace;
- A great international network in the arts, culture and education world.
Please apply in English by e-mail, enclosing a CV and motivation letter to Janja Ferenc, ELIA Conference Manager at email@example.com by Friday 20 December 2019
Interviews will take place between
6 and 8 January 2019, either in person or via Skype.
ELIA strives to be an equal opportunities employer and to see that the make-up of its staff is diverse and representative of society. ELIA welcomes applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds.
NB: Living in Amsterdam is very expensive and accommodation can be hard to find. Please consider this when applying from outside The Netherlands.