ELIA Communications Manager (0.8 fte)
ELIA is a globally connected European network that provides a dynamic platform for professional exchange and development in higher arts education. With over 250 members in 47 countries, it represents some 300.000 students in all art disciplines.
Its cross-disciplinary quality makes ELIA unique as a network. ELIA advocates for higher arts education by empowering and creating new opportunities for its members and facilitating the exchange of good practices. ELIA collaborates with partner networks around the world, and its office is based in Amsterdam.
In a small dynamic team of professionals which manages a broad international network of higher arts education institutions, the Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the overall communications strategy and plan. As such, you play a crucial part in bringing the strategic focus of our membership organisation to life.
As the office marketing guru, you will develop promotional campaigns for ELIA’s activities and actions, in close collaboration with your colleagues. You have a central role in the team: you make sure that ELIA’s identity is well in place, that the messaging is consistent and clear at all levels and supported by all members of staff. You are a born writer and editor who can convey a message in the best way possible. You have a strong sense of aesthetics and knowledge of the newest design and communication trends.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Create and implement ELIA’s overall communication strategy and plan;
- Write and review all of ELIA's texts and materials;
- Maintain and create content for the ELIA website and its social media channels;
- Write, produce and distribute newsletters, mailing campaigns and publications;
- Develop campaigns for ELIA’s activities and events, including visuals and presentations;
- Ensure the correct and effective use of all communication tools, including CRM, CMS and website, in collaboration with the team;
- Monitor the effective use of ELIA’s house style and identity;
- Oversee and contribute to the design development of all ELIA’s activities;
- Track relevant news channels to provide content to ELIA members;
- Archive digital and printed materials;
- Supervise and coach communications intern(s);
- Contribute actively to the ELIA team strategic and operational meetings;
- Undertake any tasks and responsibilities as reasonably required by the organisation.
You are a communication and marketing professional with at least 2+ years of experience. English is your mother tongue, or you master it at a native speaking level. You have strong writing and editing skills that reflect impeccable attention to detail. You know how to write on different channels with the right tone of voice.
You have an excellent understanding of digital media and marketing principles.
You enjoy working at a strategic level, but you also don’t mind dealing with the small details and everyday tasks that are required in a small team. You can work independently, and at the same time, you are a pro-active team player, who is open-minded, well organised and efficient.
You know how to liaise with different groups and nationalities, and you have a friendly, customer-oriented personality.
- A degree and at least 2+ years experience in Communications and/or Marketing role, ideally in the education or creative and cultural sector;
- Outstanding written and spoken communications skills and mother tongue level of English; the knowledge Dutch or other languages are a definite asset;
- Excellent understanding of digital media;
- Mastery of the Office package, and a desire to learn more about other programmes (basic knowledge HTML language is required);
- Strong ambition to work in arts education and/or the cultural sector.
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment in which initiative and drive for personal development are strongly encouraged;
- International colleagues and an informal workplace in Amsterdam in a creative and inspiring workspace;
- A great international network in the arts, culture and education world;
- A contract for four days (32 hours) a week, for one year with a view to extending;
- Salary ranging from EUR 2.589 to EUR 3.175 gross per month on a full-time basis depending on experience, including benefits package.
ELIA embraces diversity; we encourage candidates who are able to contribute to this goal to apply.
Please email your resume and motivation letter (in English) to Maria Hansen, Executive Director at email@example.com
at the latest by Sunday 19 January 2020
You will be informed about the selection on 21 January 2020
The selection process will consist of two interviews.
The first round is planned on 23 January 2020
The second round is planned on 28 January 2020
The interviews will take place at A-Lab (Overhoeksplein 2 – Amsterdam).
For more information, please visit the ELIA website. If you have questions, please contact Barbara Revelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
or +31 (0) 20 330 1116.
Candidates must have a valid work permit for the Netherlands (according to Dutch Labour Law).