Position: Communications Intern
Closing Date: Monday 30 June 2020
Duration: 4 to 6 months, 24/32 hours a week (FTE 0.6 / 0.8)
Start Date: flexible, ideally as soon as possible
ELIA is a globally connected European network of art schools that provides a dynamic platform for professional exchange and development in higher arts education. With over 250 members in 47 countries, it represents over 300.000 students in all art disciplines.
Advocating for higher arts education, ELIA empowers and creates new opportunities for its member while also collaborating with partner networks around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for those passionate about the arts and communication. Be part of a dynamic team as we launch the first ELIA Biennial (Digital) conference taking place in November 2020.
ELIA is looking for a highly motivated intern to join the Communications Team. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in the arts and education sectors, excellent English writing skills, a marketing sensibility, and preferably graphic design and/or media skills.
The Communications Intern must be able to work independently; think critically and work to tight deadlines.
The Communications Intern will assist the ELIA Team with:
- Writing articles and case studies outlining the wonderfully impactful work of our members and projects
- Editing and managing website copy
- Website content management
- Creating targeted and impactful social media posts and campaigns
- Developing marketing campaigns for the ELIA Biennial Conference
- Liaising with external designers and agencies to create digital assets
- Create content and digital assets for the website and ELIA monthly newsletter
- Image selection
- Assisting the ELIA team to deliver high quality projects, events and resources which will benefit our members
What ELIA offers:
- Higher education qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing in the Cultural sector, Cultural Management or similar;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and (ideally) in Dutch
- Ability to effectively communicate and liaise with different groups and cultures;
- Working user knowledge of MS Office
- Media and graphic design skills are preferable but not essential.
- Candidates should be creative-thinkers, self-motivated, well-organised
- Experience with communications (particularly social media) and marketing is desirable.
- Basic HTML is a plus.
Please apply in English by e-mail, enclosing a CV and motivation letter to Derville Quigley
- A great professional opportunity filled with challenges and responsibility;
- Access to a dynamic, active international network of arts education professionals
- The opportunity to advance your writing, communications and media skills
- A monthly internship compensation, on the base of the weekly hours agreed;
- The chance to be part of a dynamic team working in the renowned creative hub, A-Lab in Amsterdam (Please note: At this time remote working may also be an option)
- The opportunity to experience the workings of international network in the arts, culture and education world at close hand.
- The intern will recieve an internship allowance.
, Communications Manager at
email@example.com by Tuesday 30 June 2020.
ELIA strives to be an equal opportunities employer and to see that the make-up of its staff is diverse and representative of society. ELIA welcomes applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds.
NB: living in Amsterdam is very expensive and accommodation can be hard to find. Please consider this when applying from outside The Netherlands. Remote working may also be an option.