Position: Communications Intern
: 15 January, 2019
4 to 6 months, 24/32 hours a week (FTE 0.6 / 0.8)
Start Date: flexible, ideally 1 February 2019
ELIA - European League of Institutes of the Arts is a globally connected European network that provides a dynamic platform for professional exchange and development in higher arts education. With over 250 members in 47 countries, it represents some 300.000 students in all art disciplines. Its cross-disciplinary quality makes ELIA unique as a network. ELIA advocates for higher arts education by empowering and creating new opportunities for its members and facilitating the exchange of good practices. ELIA collaborates with partner networks around the world.
ELIA is looking for a motivated intern to strengthen the Communication and Membership Team at the ELIA Office. The ideal candidate has some experience or strong interest in communication in the cultural sector and interests in the field of arts education. The Communication Intern must be able to work independently; critical thinking, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail are a must.
The Communication Intern will assist the ELIA Team with:
- international outreach to our members and potential members;
- database maintenance;
- data collection and database maintenance;
- collecting and publishing relevant news for our media and social media;
- collecting, producing and sharing content for and with all ELIA’s communication channels (social media, website(s), partners’ sites, newsletter module).
What ELIA offers:
- Higher education qualification in Communication, Cultural Management or similar;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and (ideally) in Dutch, and/or another (European) language;
- Ability to effectively communicate and liaise with different groups and cultures;
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Experience with graphic design tools (Adobe Creative Suite) is a pre;
- Self-motivated, pro-active, well-organised, efficient.
- Experience with communications (particularly social media) and marketing is a pre.
Please apply in English by e-mail, enclosing a CV and motivation letter to
- A great professional opportunity in the creative sector filled with challenges and responsibility;
- A worthy upgrade of your resume;
- A monthly internship compensation, on the base of the weekly hours agreed;
- Fun colleagues and a workplace in Amsterdam in a creative and inspiring workspace;
- A great international network in the arts, culture and education world.
Barbara Revelli, Head of Communications and Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
by Tuesday 15 January, 2019
. You must have a valid work permit for the Netherlands (according to Dutch Labour Law).
ELIA strives to be an equal opportunities employer and to see that the make-up of its staff is diverse and representative of society. ELIA welcomes applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds.
NB: living in Amsterdam is very expensive and accommodation can be hard to find. Please consider this when applying from outside The Netherlands.