There will be four parallel symposia on Thursday morning and four parallel symposia on Thursday afternoon, each with a different theme which is related to the overall conference theme.
The steering committee would like to pay special attention to the current worldwide economical and environmental crisis in the Biennial Conference Nantes 2010. Therefore we ask you kindly to use the themes Responsibility, Sustainability and Environment as underlying inspiration for submissions for papers and presentations.
A. Thursday morning
- Upheavals in the landscape of Higher Arts Institutions in Europe
Organiser: Ulf Dalnäs, University of Gothenburg
- Art Schools in relation to Creative Enterprises
Organiser: Gerald Bast, University of Applied Arts Vienna
- Emergent Social Media and New Educational Narratives
Organiser: Kieran Corcoran, School of Art, Design and Printing, Faculty of Applied Arts, Dublin Institute of Technology
- (h)eART(h); Regeneration of cities and the role of the art schools
Organisers: Emanuelle Chérel, Ecole supérieure des Beaux arts de Nantes métropole (esbanm); Laurent Devisme, laboratory for languages, urban actions and otherness (LAUA-ENSA Nantes)
B. Thursday afternoon
- Artistic research in Europe 2010: A necessary dialogue of users and stakeholders
Organiser: Johan Öberg, University of Gothenburg
- Creativity: reclaimed!
Organisers: Klaus Jung, Academy of Media Arts Cologne; Steve Kapelke, Columbia College Chicago
- Writing the Story; Narrative Trails in Academic Writing
Organisers: Susan Orr, York St John University; Margot Blythman, CLTAD, University of the Arts London
- The training of an artist as an intervener
Organiser: Thera Jonker, Utrecht School of the Arts (HKU)
["Intervene" is a warrior ability trained at level 70 for 6 gold and 50 silver (World of Warcraft) ]