NXT – Making a Living from the Arts is a 3-year project co-funded by the EU Creative Europe programme (formerly known as NE©XT Accelerator), that started on 1 May 2015 and will continue until 30 April 2018.
ELIA – The European League of Institutes of the Arts is the project's main coordinator working in collaboration with 25 partners from 15 countries. Please review here the full list of partners here.
ELIA is the primary independent network organisation for higher arts education. With around 300 members in 47 countries, it represents some 300.000 students in all art disciplines. ELIA advocates for the arts on the European level, creating new opportunities for its members and facilitating the exchange of best practices.
The main aims of the project are:
- Support the career development of emerging artists and facilitate their international mobility;
- Connect young artists with cultural and creative sectors and (creative) business;
- Make creative hubs and incubators more sustainable and facilitate their international exchange and collaboration;
- Support the exchange of best practices between higher arts education institutions in the field of cultural entrepreneurship.
Beside the digital platform NXT-CREATIVES, the main activities organised in the frame of this project are:
- A desk research, which aims to deepen the knowledge on hubs and incubators in Europe and highlight entrepreneurial curricula and hubs developed by educational institutions in the arts. At the moment,15 case studies are in development and will be published on the NXT-CREATIVES website.
- 3 editions of the NEU NOW festival;
- A cycle of trainings for emerging artists, cultural entrepreneurs and incubators managers organized during each of the three festival editions (2015 – 2016 – 2017) and in four different locations (Belgrade, Riga, Tirana, Tiblisi);
- A Residency programme in 2016: 5 international artists attended a multidisciplinary programme in Amsterdam between April and June 2016 as part of the Europe by People programme;
- A Residency programme in 2017: hosted by the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, in cooperation with Make Yourself an Expert HUB 2017 and the Centre for Knowledge Transfer East. The selection of the artists is in process;
- 3 international conferences:
- ELIA Biennial Conference in Florence, 30 November - 3 December 2016
- NXT – Making a Living from the Arts Seminar, September 2017 in Amsterdam, hosted by AHK – Amsterdam University of the Arts
- NXT – Making a Living from the Arts in 2025, April 2018 in Brussels.
Visit the NXT Creatives platform here - www.nxt-creatives.eu
Contact Barbara Revelli, Head of Communications and Membership, at barbara.revelli[at]elia-artschools.org